Turkey Sausage Casserole
This is a much-requested dish with my family. The blend of two kinds of meat with pasta and mushrooms is just fantastic.—Nancy Arnold, Johnson City, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 pound low-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 package (10 ounces) spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers
- In a skillet, saute onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender. Add
- sausage, noodles, mushrooms, soups and milk; mix well. Transfer to a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with
- cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving equals 344 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable.