Turkey Sausage Casserole Recipe
This is a much-requested dish with my family. The blend of two kinds of meat with pasta and mushrooms is just fantastic.—Nancy Arnold, Johnson City, Tennessee
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 pound low-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 package (10 ounces) spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender. Add sausage, noodles, mushrooms, soups and milk; mix well. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 320 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC