Turkey Sausage Breakfast Pizza
—June Robinson, Bastrop, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 package (14 ounces) breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free pizza cheese
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place on a greased
- 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto
- bottom and up sides of pan to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake
- at 375° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink;
- drain. Sprinkle over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk, oregano and
- pepper. Carefully pour over the sausage. Reduce heat to 350°
- bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,