Turkey Sausage and Noodles Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, carrots and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain noodles. Add the noodles, Worcestershire sauce and sage to the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 300 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage and Noodles
"My husband hated this recipe. It was a collossal waste of time, very disappointing, I ended up throwing it out and wasting my sausage and vegetables. The sauce did not taste good- the flavor of the carrots overwhelmed the whole sauce, to put a finer point on it."
"My family loves this dish so I make it a couple times a month."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.