Turkey Sausage and Noodles
During the winter months when our appetites are in full gear, my family practically licks this pan clean. I sometimes toss in a can of white kidney beans to make it even heartier.—Helen Wanamaker Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the sausage, onion, carrots and green pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in flour until
- blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, Worcestershire sauce and sage to the
- sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
- bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 300 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium,