During the winter months when our appetites are in full gear, my family practically licks this pan clean. I sometimes toss in a can of white kidney beans to make it even heartier.—Helen Wanamaker Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, carrots and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, Worcestershire sauce and sage to the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage and Noodles in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review