- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a stock pot, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- Add squash and broth; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in kale, allowing it to wilt slightly between additions. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Sausage, Butternut Squash & Kale Soup in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Reviews for Turkey Sausage, Butternut Squash & Kale Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review