Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 3 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional shredded Asiago cheese, optional
- Cook orecchiette according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the sausage, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, beans, peppers and Italian seasoning; cook just until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Drain orecchiette; add to sausage mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with additional Asiago cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette(4)
Sort By :
Absolutely delish! Made it for some friends and we all had seconds. Can't wait to make it again.
We loved this! It will be a regular on our monthly dinner menu!
Why any buys hamburger helper when you make something this good and this easy. A little crusty bread and a glass of light wine and you are in heaven!!
I am the author of this recipe. I noticed they missed a key ingredient when publishing this, the extra virgin olive oil! I use a generous amount when cooking the sausage/onion/garlic/red pepper mixture.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >