Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 3 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional shredded Asiago cheese, optional
- 1. Cook orecchiette according to package directions.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook and stir the sausage, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, beans, peppers and Italian seasoning; cook just until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain orecchiette; add to sausage mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with additional Asiago cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette
"Wonderful! Definitely making again. Simple to assemble."
"I made this using mild Italian turkey sausage and it was really tasty. It's a little scant on sauce for my taste so I think next time I make it, I'll double the sauce ingredients. I made a big batch and froze some for lunch. It freezes and reheats surprisingly well!"
"Absolutely delish! Made it for some friends and we all had seconds. Can't wait to make it again."
"We loved this! It will be a regular on our monthly dinner menu!"
"Why any buys hamburger helper when you make something this good and this easy. A little crusty bread and a glass of light wine and you are in heaven!!"
"I am the author of this recipe. I noticed they missed a key ingredient when publishing this, the extra virgin olive oil! I use a generous amount when cooking the sausage/onion/garlic/red pepper mixture."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.