- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices white bread, toasted
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in the Swiss cheese, nutmeg and pepper until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place toast on a baking sheet. Layer with turkey, cheese sauce, bacon, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p27
Reviews for Turkey Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review