Turkey Saltimbocca Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 thin slice prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. Place flour in a large shallow bowl. Cut tenderloin horizontally in half; flatten each half with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. Dip in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add turkey; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. In same pan, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons butter over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and sage; cook and stir until slightly crisp. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Serve with turkey. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 300 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Saltimbocca
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.