Turkey Salad Sundaes Recipe
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- 1. For each toast cup, place on slice of bread halfway over another; roll flat. Press into jumbo muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spritz bread cups with butter spray. Combine Parmesan cheese and onion powder; sprinkle over cups. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the bread is toasted. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. For salad, combine the turkey, celery and onion in a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and salt; spoon into toast cups. Top with lettuce and salsa. Combine cheese; dollop over each serving. Garnish with parsley and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 filled toast cup) equals 317 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.