Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Writes Merrijane Rice from Bountiful, Utah, “Inspired by a delicious turkey salad sandwich at a local deli, I developed my own version to suit my family's tastes. Serve this on croissants for an elegant luncheon or on hearty whole-grain bread for a filling meal. Pre-cooked bacon and canned-or leftover-turkey make it a snap to prepare!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 ounces deli turkey, cubed
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon 2/3 cup
- mixture on each of six bread slices. Top with remaining bread
- slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 398 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.