Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 425 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
"Easy to assemble and great tasting. Left out the peas due to preferences but did not miss them."
"I really liked this recipe! I tripled the recipe and my husband and I enjoyed the salad as a nice cool entre on an unusually hot spring evening. I didn't have turkey on hand, so I substituted chicken, but this would be great do do with Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!"