Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread Recipe
When one of my favorite lunch spots closed, this recipe let me hold on to more than just good memories. The peas, bacon and cheese are such a fun and springy combo. I make big batches of the salad for parties—turns out I'm not the only fan! —Merrijane Rice, Kaysville, Utah
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 425 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC