Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
When one of my favorite lunch spots closed, this recipe let me hold on to more than just good memories. The peas, bacon and cheese are such a fun and springy combo. I make big batches of the salad for parties—turns out I'm not the only fan! —Merrijane Rice, Kaysville, Utah
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in
- mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over two slices of bread; top with
- remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.