When one of my favorite lunch spots closed, this recipe let me hold on to more than just good memories. The peas, bacon and cheese are such a fun and springy combo. I make big batches of the salad for parties—turns out I'm not the only fan! —Merrijane Rice, Kaysville, Utah
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Salad on Wheat in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p14
Reviews for Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review