Inspired by the turkey salad at a local deli, I developed this version to suit my family's tastes. You can serve it on whole-grain bread for a filling meal or on croissants for an elegant luncheon. Precooked bacon and leftover turkey make it a snap to fix.
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1-1/4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add mayonnaise and pepper; toss to coat. Spread on six slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Salad on Wheat in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p30
Reviews for Turkey Salad on Wheat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review