Turkey Salad on Croissants Recipe
“I created this creamy crunchy salad for a small tea party I was having one midwinter afternoon,” pens Karen Jantz from New Plymouth, Idaho. “It’s a great way to use up some of that leftover holiday turkey when friends drop by.”
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, water chestnuts, pecans, celery and onions. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic pepper and salt; pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 616 calories, 42 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC