Turkey Salad on Croissants Recipe
“I created this creamy crunchy salad for a small tea party I was having one midwinter afternoon,” pens Karen Jantz from New Plymouth, Idaho. “It’s a great way to use up some of that leftover holiday turkey when friends drop by.”
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, water chestnuts, pecans, celery and onions. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic pepper and salt; pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Salad Croissants in Country Woman November/December 2005, p35
Reviews for Turkey Salad on Croissants(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2013
Delicious turkey salad recipe. I made it on lettuce without the croissant.
My husband and I enjoyed it.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2012
Yum. Use light mayo or fat free to cut back calories
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2010
This is a great sandwich! Made just as written.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
I really like this. Lots of stuff in it!