Turkey Salad for 60 Recipe
The mild seasonings in this salad certainly have mass appeal. It's a substantial main dish with a delightful crunch.—Terry Smith, Campbell Hall, New York
- 1 turkey (20 to 22 pounds)
- 4 packages (7 ounces each) uncooked ring macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 bunches celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen tiny sweet peas, thawed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 quarts mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Roast the turkey. When cool enough to handle, remove turkey from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- 2. In several large bowls, combine the turkey, macaroni, celery, water chestnuts, peas and onion. Whisk mayonnaise and seasoned salt; stir into the salad. Chill for several hours. Add almonds just before serving. Yield: 60 servings.
1 each: 409 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Salad for 60
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC