When she wants to feed her family without heating up the kitchen, Kim Due of Friend, Nebraska turns to this tasty sandwich filling. "I keep the creamy crunchy mixture on hand for lunches and after-school snacks," she says. "It's a great way to use up leftover turkey and make the most of garden-fresh vegetables.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place lettuce and 2/3 cup turkey salad on each croissant. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Salad Croissants in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Salad Croissants
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review