- 1 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the apple, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the spinach, lemon juice, lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and nutmeg.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle turkey with pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread spinach mixture over tenderloins to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string. Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip roulades in egg, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Roulades
"A bit challenging to make, but tasty nonetheless."