Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
This tasty soup has a surprisingly short simmering time. Leftover turkey has never tasted so good! If you don't have frozen mixed vegetables on hand, stir in extra veggies from your Thanksgiving meal until heated through.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, water and apple juice if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in turkey and vegetables; cook 5 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC