Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, water and apple juice if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in turkey and vegetables; cook 5 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Rice Soup
"Really yummy soup. I did change it up a bit based on what I had on hand. I used frozen corn and fresh carrots and celery. I did not add the apple juice but did add some seasoning salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and black pepper. It was so tasty."