- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, water and apple juice if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and vegetables; cook 5 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Rice Soup in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p11
Reviews for Turkey Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review