Turkey Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in milk. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until milk is steaming (do not boil). Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey, soup, stuffing cubes, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Rice Casserole(4)
Sort By :
Loved by all and TONS of flavor! It definitely is a great use of leftover turkey as you can't even tell that is what is in it. YUMMY! We used stuffing mix uncooked. PERFECT RECIPE TO USE UP THE LEFTOVERS!
This is a bit bland if you like more spice in your food. Other than that it has very good texture. I added some chicken stock to moisten up a bit and baked in oven for 1/2hr. at 350.
I've been preparing this recipe since it came out in the magazine. It's definitely a family favorite, easy and delicious. Stuffing mix works well in this recipe too.
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Turkey Casserole >