The recipe for this creamy and comforting casserole came from my aunt as a way to use leftover turkey. I love it so much, however, that I don't wait for leftovers to make it. The green chilies provide the memorable flavor. -Tamy Baker, Kearney, Nebraska
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in milk. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until milk is steaming (do not boil). Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey, soup, stuffing cubes, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p29
Reviews for Turkey Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review