Turkey Reubens Recipe
Family and friends will never guess that sandwiches this filling and flavorful could be low in fat! Just ask Elizabeth Myers of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, who shares this hefty lunchtime recipe.
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1. On four slices of bread, layer the turkey, sauerkraut, cheese and salad dressing. Top with remaining bread. Spritz both sides of sandwiches with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 310 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,398 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC