I have always enjoyed Reuben sandwiches, and I started making them with smoked turkey a few years ago. These are a favorite, especially in summer, when I don't like to heat up my kitchen. —Jo Ann Dalrymple, Claremore, Oklahoma
- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with salad dressing. Layer with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Reubens in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p29
Reviews for Turkey Reubens for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review