- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with salad dressing. Layer with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Reubens for Two
"We had these for lunch today and they were a huge winner. So easy to prepare and we loved every bite. I'm always looking for good lunch ideas and this will be a recipe I will use again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home./"
"Perfect for a throw-together meal If no 1000Island Dressing on hand, a blob of mayo or Miracle Whip with a dab of Heinz chili Sauce and a dab of sweet green pickle relish will create it. Refrigerated sauerkraut can be found in supermarket deli departments."
"Really tasty reuben. It's even better with the turkey!"