- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with salad dressing. Layer with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Reubens for Two
"We had these for lunch today and they were a huge winner. So easy to prepare and we loved every bite. I'm always looking for good lunch ideas and this will be a recipe I will use again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home./"
"I like these sandwiches because they are are close to a reuben as I can get. I love the corned beef, but it does not like me so these are the next best thing. They are really good made with turkey. Better than one would think."
"Here in Minnesota which has a high percentage of people from German descent, we call these sandwiches, "Rachels," as opposed to Reubens. I prefer this sandwich to a Reuben because I'm not fond of corned beef. This is perfect! Will make often!"
"Perfect for a throw-together meal If no 1000Island Dressing on hand, a blob of mayo or Miracle Whip with a dab of Heinz chili Sauce and a dab of sweet green pickle relish will create it. Refrigerated sauerkraut can be found in supermarket deli departments."
"Really tasty reuben. It's even better with the turkey!"