Turkey Reubens Recipe
- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with salad dressing. Layer with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Reubens(2)
Sort By :
Perfect for a throw-together meal If no 1000
Island Dressing on hand, a blob of mayo or Miracle Whip with a dab of Heinz Chili Sauce and a dab of sweet green pickle relish will create it. Refrigerated sauerkraut can be found in supermarket deli departments.
Really tasty reuben. It's even better with the turkey!