Family and friends will never guess that sandwiches this filling and flavorful could be low in fat! Just ask Elizabeth Myers of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, who shares this hefty lunchtime recipe.
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island salad dressing
- On four slices of bread, layer the turkey, sauerkraut, cheese and salad dressing. Top with remaining bread. Spritz both sides of sandwiches with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Reubens in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p43
Reviews for Turkey Reubens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
"Delicious and so easy to make. I love Rubens and these are a great lighter alternative."