Family and friends will never guess that sandwiches this filling and flavorful could be low in fat! Just ask Elizabeth Myers of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, who shares this hefty lunchtime recipe.
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island salad dressing
- On four slices of bread, layer the turkey, sauerkraut, cheese and salad dressing. Top with remaining bread. Spritz both sides of sandwiches with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Reubens in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p43
Reviews for Turkey Reubens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
"Delicious and so easy to make. I love Rubens and these are a great lighter alternative."