- 1 slice white bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mustard. Arrange turkey over mustard. Sprinkle with caraway seeds; top with the sauerkraut and cheese.
- Broil about 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Top with pepper rings if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Turkey Reuben in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p16
Reviews for Turkey Reuben(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2009
We made it with lunchmeat (didn't have caraway seeds) and my brother substituted pepperjack cheese for the swiss, sliced onion for the peppers, and used horseradish sauce also. Quite tasty and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >