Turkey Ranch Salad
When my husband brought home a lunch guest unexpectedly one day, I created this salad on the spot using leftover holiday turkey. It's such a family favorite I make it year-round.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 7 cups torn mixed greens, divided
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl,
- combine pineapple, turkey, water chestnuts, mushrooms, celery and
- onions. In a small bowl, combine reserved juice, dressing, garlic
- powder and onion powder. Add to turkey mixture; toss to coat. Divide
- greens among nine plates; top each with 1 cup turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with unsweetened pineapple) equals 120 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.