Turkey Ranch Salad Recipe
When my husband brought home a lunch guest unexpectedly one day, I created this salad on the spot using leftover holiday turkey. It's such a family favorite I make it year-round.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 7 cups torn mixed greens, divided
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, turkey, water chestnuts, mushrooms, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine reserved juice, dressing, garlic powder and onion powder. Add to turkey mixture; toss to coat. Divide greens among nine plates; top each with 1 cup turkey mixture. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p70
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Ranch Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >