Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini, salsa, corn, red pepper and chilies. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in seasonings.
- 2. For each quesadilla, place one tortilla in an ungreased nonstick skillet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1/2 cup filling, then sprinkle with another 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with another tortilla. Cook over medium heat, carefully turning once, until lightly browned on both sides and cheese begins to melt. Cut into eight wedges. Yield: 4 quesadillas (8 wedges each).
2 each: 179 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Turkey Quesadillas
"Very yummy! We skipped adding the zuchinni, and instead opted for an extra red pepper and added some olives! We loved this healthier version of quesadillas!"
"I'm wondering if the measurement of 1/2 cup filling per quesadilla is right, because I was able to make a lot more than 4 quesadillas with all that filling. Also, for the serving size, I think 2 wedges is pretty unrealistic if this is supposed to be a meal. Maybe if it was an appetizer..."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.