Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini, salsa, corn, red pepper and chilies. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in seasonings.
- 2. For each quesadilla, place one tortilla in an ungreased nonstick skillet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1/2 cup filling, then sprinkle with another 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with another tortilla. Cook over medium heat, carefully turning once, until lightly browned on both sides and cheese begins to melt. Cut into eight wedges. Yield: 4 quesadillas (8 wedges each).
One serving (2 wedges) equals 349 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Quesadillas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.