- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat white or yellow cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pear, onion, celery, lemon peel and juice, jalapeno and cumin.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup turkey; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold other half over filling. Cook on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p15
Reviews for Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"This recipe is excellent and I'd gladly make it again. My family loves it."