Turkey Puff Pancake Recipe
"Your family or guests are sure to say 'Wow!' when you present them with this dish that rises so high and browns so beautifully," notes Patricia Millmann from Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "I sometimes add water chestnuts for crunch."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cayenne. Whisk flour into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper.
- 3. Cut pancake into wedges. Spoon turkey mixture over wedges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 450 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC