Turkey Puff Pancake Recipe
"Your family or guests are sure to say 'Wow!' when you present them with this dish that rises so high and browns so beautifully," notes Patricia Millmann from Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "I sometimes add water chestnuts for crunch."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place 3/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, cayenne and 3/4 cup milk until smooth. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot plate. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Sprinkle with the remaining flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and turkey.
- 3. Spoon into center of pancake. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC