- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cayenne. Whisk flour into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper.
- Cut pancake into wedges. Spoon turkey mixture over wedges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Puff Pancake
Sort By :
"I enjoyed trying this recipe. The topping was savory and delicious (I used leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken instead of turkey). I've never made anything like the pancake before and, while it was a fun experiment, I'll probably just stick to biscuits or rice as the base next time. Thanks for the recipe!"