- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cayenne. Whisk flour into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper.
- Spoon turkey mixture over pancake; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Puff Pancake in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p18
Reviews for Turkey Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review