Turkey Puff Pancake Recipe
"Your family or guests are sure to say 'Wow!' when you present them with this dish that rises so high and browns so beautifully," notes Patricia Millmann from Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "I sometimes add water chestnuts for crunch."
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 3/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, cayenne and 3/4 cup milk until smooth. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot plate. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Sprinkle with the remaining flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and turkey.
- Spoon into center of pancake. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Puff Pancake in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p18
Reviews for Turkey Puff Pancake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >