- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 3/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, cayenne and 3/4 cup milk until smooth. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot plate. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Sprinkle with the remaining flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and turkey.
- Spoon into center of pancake. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Puff Pancake in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p18
Reviews for Turkey Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >