Turkey Potpies Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, saute potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in butter and oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, peas, 1/2 cup cream, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon into two ungreased 9-in. pie plates. Roll out pastry to fit top of each pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut out a decorative center or cut slits in pastry. In a small bowl, whisk egg and remaining cream; brush over pastry.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Potpies
Sort By :
"The bottom crust is missing. Not at all good."
"Have to agree that there wasn't enough sauce. I used Wondra instead of regular flour and added one more cup of broth. It turned out perfect!"
"This makes the best pot pies I've ever tasted."
"My husband loves pot pie and he said this is his favorite of any he has had. This recipe is easy to make and we all love it."
"This didn't have enough sauce for me. When I had all of the ingredients in the saucepan, I thought it was a bit dry and during the baking it got drier as the vegetables soaked up the little liquid that was there. Next time I will make for sauce or add gravy. Also, I think adding 1/2 tsp of sage or poultry seasoning or Bell's seasoning would have been good."