- of each pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut out
- a decorative center or cut slits in pastry. In a small bowl, whisk
- egg and remaining cream; brush over pastry.
- Cover and freeze one potpie for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining
- potpie at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen potpie: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before
- baking. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil; place on a baking
- sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°;
- remove foil. Bake 55-60 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield:
- 2 pies (6 servings each).
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer