Turkey Potato Supper Recipe
Lightly seasoned turkey and broccoli are nestled in a tender mashed potato shell. I like to share this dish with our bachelor neighbors.& #151;Mrs. John Dziedzic, Holland, Michigan
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds. Whip with a fork. Stir in eggs. Spoon the potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8-in. square baking dish, forming a shell.
- 2. In a bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry. Stir in turkey and broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- 3. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potato edges are golden brown and filling is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 404 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Turkey Potato Supper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC