Turkey Potato Pancakes
My husband and our four children like pancakes, and I appreciate quick suppers...so I gave this recipe a try when I saw it. The addition of turkey turns golden side-dish potato pancakes into a simple main dish we all savor.
-Kathy Duerr, Fulda, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Canola oil
- Cranberry sauce, optional
- In a sieve or colander, drain the potato, squeezing to remove excess
- liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the turkey,
- onions, flour and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the reserved
- potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over
- medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches
- until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cranberry sauce if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.