Turkey Potato Meatballs
This hearty "meat-and-potatoes" dish is one of my husband's favorite meals. We like them better than traditional ground beef meatballs. Topped with a mushroom soup-based sauce, they're very savory and satisfying.Kathy Rusert, Mena, Arkansas
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey; mix
- well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs in
- shortening; set aside. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish,
- combine soup, milk and rice; stir in meatballs. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch,