- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs in shortening; set aside. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine soup, milk and rice; stir in meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Potato Meatballs in Country Woman January/February 1999, p36
Reviews for Turkey Potato Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"This dish has potential but was incredibly bland. The meatballs could use more spices, same with the rice and cream of mushroom soup combination. I will make this again but only to find a way to make it taste better."