This hearty "meat-and-potatoes" dish is one of my husband's favorite meals. We like them better than traditional ground beef meatballs. Topped with a mushroom soup-based sauce, they're very savory and satisfying.—Kathy Rusert, Mena, Arkansas
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs in shortening; set aside. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine soup, milk and rice; stir in meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Potato Meatballs in Country Woman January/February 1999, p36
Reviews for Turkey Potato Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"This dish has potential but was incredibly bland. The meatballs could use more spices, same with the rice and cream of mushroom soup combination. I will make this again but only to find a way to make it taste better."