Turkey Posole Recipe
I love making this soup because it makes good use of leftovers from Thanksgiving. It is quick, easy and tasty. No one feels like they're eating leftovers since it's so different from Thanksgiving dinner. —Margee Berry, White Salmon, Washington
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup crushed blue tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded red or green cabbage
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Top servings with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips and cabbage. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC