Lean turkey sausage is another good choice for pizza. Substitute your favorite vegetables as a topping.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey Italian sausage links
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat for 8-10
- minutes or until no longer pink. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Press pizza dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan,
- building up edges slightly; seal seam. Prick dough thoroughly with a
- fork. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread with pizza sauce; top with sausage, onion, artichokes and
- tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until
- crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces equals 433 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,359 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.