Turkey Pita Tacos Recipe
Cumin spices up this crunchy sandwich filling from Ann Bergstrom of Warrenville, Illinois. In addition to garden-fresh vegetables, it calls for time-saving ingredients such as prepared salsa, canned olives and shredded cheese.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, peppers, tomato, salsa, onions, olives and garlic. Stir the oil mixture; pour over the turkey mixture and mix well. Stir in cheese. On a lightly greased griddle, heat pita breads on both sides. Spoon about 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each half. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Pita Tacos
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
"Yummy! I used ground turkey and when preparing the ground turkey sprinkled some taco seasoning on it. Turned out great!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC