Turkey Pinto Bean Salad with Southern Molasses Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Place garlic and tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add the molasses, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and reserved oil. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, beans, green pepper, celery, onion and parsley. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 379 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Turkey Pinto Bean Salad with Southern Molasses Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.