This salad is a welcome alternative to the usual post-Thanksgiving fare. It's a tasty main dish loaded with good-for-you protein.—Lily Julow, Gainesville, Florida
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Place garlic and tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add the molasses, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and reserved oil. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, beans, green pepper, celery, onion and parsley. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pinto Bean Salad with Southern Molasses Dressing in Taste of Home November 2011, p73
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Pinto Bean Salad with Southern Molasses Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review