Turkey Pie Recipe
After tasting this savory recipe, you'll find yourself turning to this recipe time and again. Prepared crescent roll dough makes the lattice crust a snap. Enjoy it with a side dish of cranberry relish and mint brownies for dessert or whip up an apple Waldorf salad and round out the menu with raspberry sherbet.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, vegetables and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into two rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place long sides together to form a square; pinch edges together to seal. Cut into eight strips; make a lattice crust over hot turkey mixture.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 583 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,877 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC