- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, vegetables and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into two rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place long sides together to form a square; pinch edges together to seal. Cut into eight strips; make a lattice crust over hot turkey mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Pie
"To me, this is the perfect casserole. I'm not one who can adapt recipes very easily. But for this one I made some changes, but kept the integrity of the original recipe. I used a roasted chicken from the grocery store. I had about 2 cups of cubed chicken. I used over 1 cup of frozen veggies (corn and peas). I used 1 tsp of dry parsley. And, I substituted "original" biscuits for the crescent roll dough. Once mixed, I dumped everything into an 8x8 pan, and topped with four biscuits. I put the other four biscuits in a pan along side, and surprisingly everything cooked perfectly together. I had a casserole topped with biscuits, and four biscuits to serve on the side of the hungrier eaters. I would even consider serving this to company. Delicious comfort food. I served some prepackaged fresh herb salad greens on the side with Ranch dressing."
"I've been making this recipe since it first came out in Cooking for 2. This is perfect for turkey or chicken leftovers. The filling is the perfect consistency. I find that we can easily get 3-4 servings out this dish, depending on how hungry we are."
"I liked the flavor of this dish. I doubled the veggies to a full cup. Next time, I will experiment & add two cups of veggies."
"This is a wonderful recipe. The last time I made it, I used a can of mixed veggies and only a half cup of water. I thought it made more than for 2 people though. We had it for dinner one night and had enough left for each of us to take a lunch the next day. It was great for lunch too, by the way. :)"
"I love this recipe and especially that it is for "2". My husband requests it often and it is complete as a meal all by itself. I always use low salt and low fat ingredients to lighten it and keep it a bit healthier for us."