After tasting this savory recipe, you'll find yourself turning to this recipe time and again. Prepared crescent roll dough makes the lattice crust a snap. Enjoy it with a side dish of cranberry relish and mint brownies for dessert or whip up an apple Waldorf salad and round out the menu with raspberry sherbet.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, vegetables and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into two rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place long sides together to form a square; pinch edges together to seal. Cut into eight strips; make a lattice crust over hot turkey mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lattice Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p33
Reviews for Turkey Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review