Turkey Pie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, vegetables and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into two rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place long sides together to form a square; pinch edges together to seal. Cut into eight strips; make a lattice crust over hot turkey mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Pie
Sort By :
"I liked the flavor of this dish. I doubled the veggies to a full cup. Next time, I will experiment & add two cups of veggies."
"This is a wonderful recipe. The last time I made it, I used a can of mixed veggies and only a half cup of water. I thought it made more than for 2 people though. We had it for dinner one night and had enough left for each of us to take a lunch the next day. It was great for lunch too, by the way. :)"
"I love this recipe and especially that it is for "2". My husband requests it often and it is complete as a meal all by itself. I always use low salt and low fat ingredients to lighten it and keep it a bit healthier for us."
"Great for leftover turkey. My kids love it! Tastes just like a turkey pot pie. I recommend this recipe to everyone."