This alternative to veal piccata is wonderfully tasty and much more economical.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound turkeycutlets or breast slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten turkey cutlets to 1/4-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic
- bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey cutlets, one at
- a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook cutlets in oil for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove cutlets to a
- serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced by half. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Remove from the
- heat and pour over cutlets. Sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 403 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.